Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On This Day In Canadian History....

1972 - Paul Henderson scores on Vladislav Tretiak with 34 seconds remaining in regulation time, giving Team Canada a 6-5 victory over the USSR hockey all-stars, and a 4-3-1 victory in the eight game Summit Series. The Soviets led 5-3 at the end of the Second Period, and Russian officiating threatened to turn the game into a brawl, but Phil Esposito and Yvan Cornoyer tied the game in the third. As Foster Hewitt called it, "Here's a shot. Henderson makes a wild stab for it and falls. Here's another shot. Right in front. They Score!! Henderson scores for Canada!"

Poll results for "The new fall TV season is starting, shows will be declared hits & misses based on ratings. Have you ever taken part in a BBM ratings survey?", based on 58 responses.....






50 votes(86%)......No
08 votes(13%)......Yes

KiSS Fm
ViP Song:
8am: Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me
Noon: Flo Rida Feat. David Guetta - Club Can't Handle Me
4pm: Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
8pm: Enrique Iglesias Feat. Pitbull - I Like It

Listen To KiSS & Get 250 Points Each Day

JackFm
Word of the Day: Dust
Community of the Day: Jasper

Oldies 1310
5 @ 5: Shopping Spree
Secret Word: Base
Solid Gold Trivia: Roy Orbison
Back In The Day Trivia: Victoria Tower
Lincoln Field's Shopping Double Double: Jim Croce

Listen To Oldies1310 & Get 100 Points Each Day

19 comments:

pharmerphil said...

good morning all.

Mr. Red said...

Good Morning Angel, DeVil, Critic, Phil, Mr. E., J.P., Pitchingin, Stephanie, Sweetdreams, Connie, Typhoon, Betty Ann, and all :-)

8am ViP Song: Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me

critic said...

Good morning Angel, Mr. Red, pharmerphil, Pnnknn, Mr. E., Pitchingin, Betty Anne, Connie, Melmuff, DeVil, tulip, sweetdreams, reggae, J.P., Typhoon and everyone.

MelMuff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MelMuff said...

Good morning everyone! I am at work right now and a bit tired but I thoroughly enjoyed the Hedley concert last night in Cornwall. It was my third time seeing them. First was at the Super Ex a few years ago then at the Vancouver Olympics earlier this year. They are fantastic. But the person I probably looked forward to seeing the most was Lights. I luv her music. I also got to see These Kids Wear Crowns. I only heard about them a month ago with their current hit "Break It Up" on the radio. They were still good too. I also liked the cover song they did of Chris Brown's "Forever". Anyway, I had a great time.

Thanx to KISS FM's newsletter yesterday, I found out that Lady Gaga tickets go on sale this Friday for her concert on April 6. VIP packages went on sale at 10 AM this morning. She will also be in Montreal on April 25 and tickets for that go on sale this Saturday.

MelMuff said...

Well I found out this morning this morning that I lost the deal. I had put a bid on our neighbour's property since he recently passed away. I guess I acted too slow and a young couple beat me to the punch by putting in a offer before I had the chance to. I was still getting finances in order. I did manage to put in a counter bid in time offering more money than them but I guess that didn't matter. Somehow by waiving their conditions, they were guaranteed the property even with a lower bid. Oh well! I just hope that they don't stay long and the place will be for sale again in the future.

Betty Anne said...

Noon VIP Song:

Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida Feat. David Guetta

MelMuff said...

Noon ViP Song: Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida Feat. David Guetta

Betty Anne said...

@ Melmuff

Sorry to hear about your news:-(

MelMuff said...

@ Betty Anne - Ya, I am sad too. I just find it a bit unfair but maybe cuz I don't understand how real estate works. I now know that we offer 10000 more then their offer but that still didn't matter. They still won. I would have thought that it would have turned into a bidding war but apparently not. They did something, which I don't understand completely, that let them win. I also looks like they will be hunters. My mom is afraid for the deer that pass through our place. We are big nature lovers.

MelMuff said...

On the bright side, the $500 deposit won't go through anymore so now I will have enough money to buy Lady Gaga tickets later this week. I missed her last year by choice but now I want to see her this time. I was purpostely waiting for her to release some more hits on the radio for me to enjoy her concert.

MelMuff said...

Does anyone else plan on going to Lady Gaga's concert next year? Maybe we could plan a meet then?

Betty Anne said...

@ Melmuff

Many sellers prefer a deal with no conditions so that might have played a factor in their decision

MelMuff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MelMuff said...

@ Betty Anne - Apparantely! I guess I just don't completely understand why. Someone did explain it to me but I could only understand half of what they said. Anyway, since there is nothing more that I can do, I have moved on and look forward to the future. :)

Little Erky Perky said...

4PM kiss: Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

Betty Anne said...

Oldies

5@5 Theme: Shopping spree

Betty Anne said...

@ Melmuff

I am sure the perfect property is out there for you somewhere:-)

Mr. E. said...

8pm VIP song: Enrique Iglesias Feat. Pitbull - I Like It