Monday, December 31, 2007

2007: The Year of The Blog

2007 has all but come and gone. I would like to wish you and yours a wonderful, safe, healthy and Happy New Year in 2008.

2007 began the same as most, but that all changed due to “ The Year of The Blog”. I like most of you began my blogging, in late 2006, as a “lurker”, only coming in once-in-a-blue-moon to post a code. I was unsure of these people who called themselves “Bloggers” and whose sole raison d’etre was sharing bonus codes given out by CHEZ-Fm and it’s sister stations.

Then came mid- March, I caught a nasty cold and was off work for a couple of days. In between doses of Ny-Quil I was able to keep up with the goings-on of the blog and in particular a certain blogger who seemed to keep court – Cookie, and with the aid of Helping1000 and Summer2024, kept the males at bay with their flirtatious innuendo. I decided to chirp on in and properly introduce myself and was greeted with enthusiasm.
I quickly discovered the blog was a group of friends I had not yet met…..in person.

As luck would have it, a “Meet & Greet” was scheduled for April 1st at the Royal Oak, and I decided to show up, not sure what to expect, but what I did receive was a friendly greeting and smiles all around. I met a short blonde with a big smile who despised having her picture taken, Helping1000. I met a petite brunette with the sexiest eyes I had ever seen, and normally the eyes on a woman are the last thing I notice, Summer2024. I met the now infamous flirt and “Yummy Mummy”, Cookie and her husband Cookie’s Monster. Among the people that day at the Sunday Brunch were Sunnydays, I still think of the Sesame Street theme song, JBluesBoy the instigator of the M&G and the entertainment director, Rokpig, CrazyMike, Doc-j and others who I can’t quite recall at this point in time.

As spring went into summer, I met various members of the group at advance movie screenings and even parties. That is where I met the owner of this blog, Crazyness and his lovely wife. We hit it off and I later in the summer took up his offer to fill in for him on vacation and weekends. My first weekend hosting the KiSS Blog was the Canada Day weekend, and I got to know even more bloggers like Nightingale who won the Nickelback general admission tickets I gave away. As time went on I was able to put my own spin on this blog while keeping Crazyness’s spirit intact.

As the summer went on, I continued to build friendships with bloggers like Helping, Summer, CrazyMike, Cookie, Chez’s Wild Honey, Perky and others. Then the Y101 35th anniversary B.BQ., which would have the biggest impact on my life as I met yet another blogger, ViperVenum. We had flirted on the blog previously, but what ensued was life changing. Immediately, there was “chemistry” between us, and that continued into the fall, where, for all too brief a period of time, we became a couple. Although, that relationship burned way too hot and too fast….....we remain friends.

Now it is December 31, and 2008 is just hours away and I have met a group of people, I can call my friends, whom I did not know one year ago.

2007: The Year Of The Blog(ger Friends)

Kiss FM
8am: No Doubt - Just A Girl
12pm:Blue October - Calling You
4pm: Dave Matthews Band - Where Are You Going

KiSS Club Question: What will you do to ring in the New Year?

New Survey
KISS FM's Lone Star Minor Hockey Team Of The Week (100pts)

Oldies 1310
Secret Word: Resolution

The Bear
7:15am: HappyNewYear

Ottawa Sun Newspaper, OnLine & 24hr Bonus Codes will return Monday January 7, 2008

3 comments:

Mr. Red said...

8am ViP Song: No Doubt - Just A Girl

lovekitten16 said...

noon vip song

Blue October - Calling You

Angel said...

Happy New Year everyone!

4pm VIP song: Dave Matthews Band - Where Are You Going?